Microsoft Word Training for Windows
TAD Services has created the following videos to help demonstrate the most common questions, difficulties, and errors students face in the formatting process.
These videos demonstrate the various processes in Word 2008 for the Mac. Many locations and processes have not changed in later versions, although there are some differences. If you need assistance with a later version of Word, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Getting Started with the Template, Modifying and Updating Headings and the Automated Table of Contents
- Modifying and Updating Headings and Automated Table of Contents
- Creating, Modifying, or Replacing the Automated Table of Contents
- Setting Up an Automated List of Tables or Figures
- Setting or Correcting Global Margins
- Landscaping Pages, Page Number Troubleshooting, Tables and Figures
- Correcting Line Spacing, Block Quotes, and References
- Avoiding Widows, Orphans, and Misplaced Headings
Getting Started with the TAD Templates
Download, update the form, then unprotect the template to get started. This video will help you get started with TAD Services' most useful tool.
Modifying and Updating Headings and Automated Table of Contents
Using the Styles panel and Headings to update the automated table of contents will enable you to have an accurate listing of page numbers with the click of a mouse button.
Creating, Modifying or Replacing the Automated Table of Contents
When the Table of Contents isn't displaying correctly, this video will show you how to modify or completely remove and replace it.
Setting Up an Automated List of Tables or Figures
If you have several tables or figures in your document, it may save you time to code the captions and build an automated list of tables or list of figures. This video will show you how.
Setting or Correcting Global Margins
For those not using the template or having problems with page margins.
Landscaping Pages, Page Number Troubleshooting, Tables and Figures
Landscaping a section of the document, page numbers restarting from 1, missing page numbers and other troubleshooting.
Correcting Line Spacing, Block Quotes and References
Quick tips for consistent space between paragraphs and indents on block quotes and references.
Avoiding Widows, Orphans and Misplaced Headings
A few clicks can avoid text placement issues and keep your headings with the paragraphs they belong to instead of at the bottom of the page before.