Global Health Initiative
Welcome to the Ohio University Global Health Initiative (GHI). The Global Health Initiative offers a number of global health programs that promote an understanding of global health issues, increase multicultural awareness and involve students, faculty and staff in research, education and outreach activities abroad and in immigrant communities in the U.S.
Participation in Global Health programs offers opportunities for personal and professional growth to:
- improve cultural sensitivity
- develop and improve language communication skills
- gain exposure to diseases not seen in this hemisphere
- facilitate the educational exchange of information
- hone history, physical and other clinical skills
- experience all levels of research
- gain a global perspective of health, disease and healthcare delivery systems
- enhance ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
Global Health Spotlight
Dr. Gillian Ice Speaks with OHIO Today about COVID-19
April 20, 2020
Ohio Today team has been talking to our OHIO expert faculty and staff about the COVID-19 pandemic, and we want to share their valuable perspectives and helpful tips for making it through these extraordinary times.
Catch the first videochat with OHIO Director of Global Health Gillian Ice.