OHIO's Nurse Leader master's program is 100% online with no on-campus requirements. This innovative program prepares nurses to lead within a variety of healthcare settings and organizations. Students will learn best practices in nursing leadership, policy, informatics, administration and quality improvement. They will apply knowledge and practice leadership skills to drive change in today’s dynamic healthcare environment.
The majority of our courses are offered at both the masters (6000) level and the doctoral (7000) level. Students may complete the Master of Science in Nursing with an emphasis on the nurse leader, nurse manager role; or in a few more semesters, complete the Doctor of Nursing Practice, with an emphasis on the nurse leader, nurse executive role.
For more information about our online RN to BSN program and other master's nursing programs visit our program websites:
- Quick completion in just 5 semesters (30 credit hours)
- 100% online (no on-campus visits)
- Spring Semester start dates (Application deadline - Dec. 6th)
- 400 practicum hours in a leadership role in a health-care facility
|Spring 2020||NRSE 6801/7801: Leadership in Systems and Organizations||3|
|NRSE 6805/7805: Analysis of Evidence-Based Practice||3|
|Summer 2020||NRSE 6010: Theoretical Basis for Practice - OR -
NRSE 7802: Interprofessional Theories
|NRSE 6212: Project Planning and Evaluation (100 practicum hours)||3|
|Fall 2020||NRSE 6808/7808: Informatics||2|
|NRSE 6710: Nursing Administration||3|
|Spring 2021||NRSE 6804/7804: Principles of Business and Resource Management||3|
|NRSE 6803/7803: Health Policy and Advocacy||2|
|Summer 2021||NRSE 6829: Practicum for Nurse Leaders (300 practicum hours)||6|
|NRSE 6935: Capstone Experience for Nurse Leaders||2|
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0;
- 2 years experience as a Registered Nurse within last 5 years;
- Resident of, and hold an active RN license, in approved states;
- Official college transcripts;
- 3 letters of recommendation;
- Professional Goals Statement: 3-5 page academic essay.
For more information regarding the MSN Nurse Leader application process, view our full MSN Application page.
For more information about the Master's Nurse Leader program, call 740.593.4494 or email email@example.com.