MSN Online Nurse Leader Program
OHIO's Nurse Leader master's program is 100% online with no on-campus requirements. This innovative program prepares nurses to lead within a variety of healthcare settings and organizations. Students will learn best practices in nursing leadership, policy, informatics, administration and quality improvement. They will apply knowledge and practice leadership skills to drive change in today’s dynamic healthcare environment. For information about our other online nursing programs, including the RN to BSN program and additional master's nursing programs such as Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Nurse Educator, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), and Adult Gerontology Acute Care, visit our program websites:
The majority of our courses are offered at both the masters (6000) level and the doctoral (7000) level. Students may complete the Master of Science in Nursing with an emphasis on the nurse leader, nurse manager role; or in a few more semesters, complete the Doctor of Nursing Practice, with an emphasis on the nurse leader, nurse executive role.
For information about our other online nursing programs, including the RN to BSN program and additional master's nursing programs, visit our program websites:
- Quick completion in just 5 semesters (30 credit hours)
- 100% online (no on-campus visits)
- Fall semester start date
- 400 practicum hours in a leadership role in a health-care facility
- Fall semester start date: Nursing program application deadlines are earlier than general Graduate College deadlines. Please contact the school of nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more specific application deadline information.
Sample Course Schedule
|Semester||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|Fall 2020||NRSE 6801/7801: Leadership in Systems and Organizations for Advanced Nursing Practice||3|
|NRSE 6808/7808: Informatics for Advanced Practice Nursing||2|
|Spring 2021||NRSE 6803/7803: Health Policy and Advocacy for Advanced Nursing Practice||2|
|NRSE 6805/7805: Analysis of Evidence-Based Practice for Advanced Nursing Practice||3|
|Summer 2021||NRSE 6010: Theoretical Basis of Practice OR
NRSE 7802: Interprofessional Theories for Advanced Nursing Practice
|NRSE 6804/7804: Principles of Business and Resource Management for Advanced Nursing Practice||3|
|Fall 2021||NRSE 6212: Project Planning and Evaluation for Advanced Practice Nursing (100 practicum hours)||3|
|NRSE 6710: Nursing Administration||3|
|Summer 2022||NRSE 6829: Practicum for Nurse Leaders (300 practicum hours)||6|
|NRSE 6935: Capstone Experience for Nurse Leaders||2|
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0;
- Resident of, and hold an active RN license, in approved states;
- Official college transcripts;
- 3 letters of recommendation;
- Professional Goals Statement: 3-5 page academic essay.
For more information regarding the MSN Nurse Leader application process, view our full MSN Application page.
For more information about the Master's Nurse Leader program, call 740.593.4494 or email email@example.com.