MSN Application Process
The Ohio University Graduate College manages the application process for all Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs. Applicants utilizing Ohio University Education Benefits should contact the School of Nursing by emailing email@example.com for specific information prior to applying.
- Complete online graduate application with non-refundable application fee;
- Submit official college transcripts;
- Hold a BSN degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- Currently reside in and hold an active RN license from an approved state (listed below);
- Three letters of recommendation with a minimum of 2 from a masters-level or above individual, and 1 from an APRN or RN;
- Resumé including at a minimum: education experience, last 5 years of work experience in reverse-chronological order, license and certifications, and community/professional service;
- Evidence of 2 years full-time working experience as an RN within the past 5 years;
- Professional Goals Statement academic essay: 3-5 pages in length, APA style writing, citing AACN MSN Essentials document and/or APRN Consensus Model where appropriate.
The MSN application program codes:
- MS1224 – Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS1225 – Nurse Educator
- MS1229 – Nurse Educator/FNP Dual
- MS1236 – Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- MS1238 – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- MS1240 – Nurse Leader
Admission to the MSN program is competitive. As part of the application process, you may be required to complete a brief interview with the admission committee using Adobe Connect. The interview helps the committee determine whether you will be a good fit for the program. This also is an opportunity for you to see if the program meets your expectations and career goals.
For more information, please contact:
College of Health Sciences and Professions
School of Nursing Graduate Advisor