Find an Advisor

Each college, school, and department has professional advisors who will listen to students and provide appropriate information about academic options, degree programs, and University resources. Academic advisors are interested in student learning and development and will help create educational plans consistent with academic, career, and personal goals. Advisors will also assist students with the preparation of an appropriate schedule each semester. However, advising is a collaborative process. It is the student’s responsibility to be prepared for advising appointments and to know and follow current procedures at the department, school, college, and university levels.

Find Your Assigned Advisor

Your advisor is listed in My OHIO Student Center in the Advisor box. Your advisor's name and contact information will be listed in the column on the right side of the screen. Your advisor is also listed on the first page of your DARS report.

My OHIO Student Center

Who Should I Contact?

Our mission is to connect you to the advisor who can best support you. Advisors across campus have different functions and expertise. Below are some common advising questions and who to contact. 

General Advising or Program Questions

If you have general questions about your academic program or your schedule, contact your assigned advisor in your My OHIO Student Center. 

No Advisor Listed

If no advisor is listed in your My OHIO Student Center, contact Allen Advising so they can get you connected to the appropriate advisor. 

Exploring Majors

  • If you're a University College student, you can schedule an appointment with your University College advisor to explore majors. Major Exploration is built into University College students' academic plans. 
  • Not a University College student? Schedule a Major Exploration Appointment with Allen AdvisingAllen Advisors help students across the university find their best path at OHIO. 

Change Your Major or add a Major, Minor or Certificate

  • If your intended major/minor/certificate is non-selective, you can declare it now! Submit the Major Change Form.
  • If your intended major/minor/certificate is selective, learn more about the application process in the University Catalog or contact the advising coordinator for that program. 
  • If program is in the same college that you're in currently (ex: switching from accounting to finance), contact your assigned advisor
  • If you need more information about the new major, minor, or certificate, contact the advising coordinator for that specific program. 

Returning to or Leaving Ohio University 

  • If you would like to re-enroll at OHIO after taking time off, contact Allen Advising.
  • If you are leaving Ohio University and would like to share information about your experience in an exit survey, contact Allen Advising.