140 Chubb Hall
Athens, OH 45701
120 Chubb Hall
1 Ohio University
Athens, OH 45710
The Bachelor of Specialized Studies program affords undergraduate students at Ohio University the opportunity to design an area of concentration, which stands as the equivalent of an established major. The program permits you to combine available curricula to create a unique field of study. Among the students for whom the bachelor of specialized studies may be an appropriate option are those:
• Who want to combine course offerings in different academic departments to create a unique field of study not currently available in established degree programs.
• Whose intellectual interests are not realized through an existing degree program.
• Who want to explore areas of study across several colleges.
• Who wish to pursue study for a specific career, but in a non-traditional manner.
• Who have previously completed an associate's degree and wish to earn a baccalaureate degree that is a reasonable fit with their earlier academic work.
• Who wish to earn an OU degree through distance education.
To view our entire faculty, click here.
University College promotes the intellectual and personal development of undergraduates and especially focuses on the needs of first-year students. Through its dedicated advising and many effective programs, University College promotes undergraduates’ academic success and co-curricular engagement, facilitates their pivotal transitions, and fosters the formation of community among students, faculty, and staff. University College is the college of entry for one of every four students, most of whom have not chosen a major, and the home of the Academic Advancement Center and the Army and Air Force ROTC programs.
Established in 1804, Ohio University is the oldest public institution of higher learning in the state of Ohio and the first in the Northwest Territory. Admission to Ohio University is granted to the best-qualified applicants as determined by a selective admission policy.