When you were admitted to Ohio University it was because we believe you can be successful here. We help students find the best path for themselves and make strategic decisions that guide them to graduation. If you would like to talk with an advisor about your academic options at Ohio University, please contact us! We provide guidance for students exploring academic options or seeking to improve academic outcomes.
Many students consult the Allen advising for non-academic reasons. We are happy to advise students and help them with their problem-solving. Here is a short list of what brings some students through our doors and links to learn more:
- Find a part-time job. OhioUniversityJobs.com
- Struggling in class? Tutoring Services
- Apply for scholarships, work study, financial aid. Financial Aid
- Get involved with a student organization. Student Organization Directory
- Find out about study abroad. Global opportunities
- Learning or physical disability? Student Accessibility Services
- Computer problems? OHIO Information Technology
- Feels like you're being treated unfairly by one of your professors? Ombuds
Raise a Flag
To indicate you are concerned about a student in your class, please log in to MyOHIO Student Success Center. Type in the student's name, and click Raise a Flag. This will alert the student's network that someone is concerned about that student, and will also provide information to the student about resources that can be helpful with their particular concern.
If you are concerned about a student who is not in your class or your advisee, please call the Allen Center at 740-566-8888 and speak with Jenny Klein about your concern. She will help determine the next best steps.