You are a relocating student if you are currently attending one of Ohio University’s regional campuses and wish to attend the Athens campus. Relocation is possible for any semester, though you must have earned at least 12 credit hours of coursework that is not developmental or remedial on the regional campus with a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA to be eligible for relocation. Students who have earned fewer than 12 credit hours at a regional campus will be subject to Athens campus admission guidelines. Contact the student services office on your regional campus for additional information.
If you have academic questions about relocating or your major, please contact your college:
- University College
Didi Chilcott, 740-593-1935
- College of Arts and Sciences
Randy Price, 740-593-2844
- College of Business
Mike Bila, 740-593-2042
- Scripps College of Communication
Greg Moeller, 740-593-0246
- Patton College of Education
Maureen Coon, 740-593-1302
- Russ College of Engineering and Technology
Grace Saller, 740-593-1573
- College of Fine Arts
Maureen Wagner, 740-593-1813
- College of Health Sciences and Professions
Sara White, 740-593-9336
Students relocating to the Athens campus from a regional campus are not required to attend an orientation session on the Athens campus. However, all students are encouraged to attend our Relocate Day program to familiarize themselves with their new campus. At Relocate Day, students will review academic requirements for their programs, or learn about their requirements if changing their major, as well as hear more about the resources and services available on the Athens campus. One major benefit to attending this program is that attendees register for classes for the next semester before any other students. Students must participate in the full Relocate Day program to register for courses during the program.
Students interested in relocating, should meet the above requirements for relocating before attending a Relocate Day program. If you are currently on academic or transfer probation, you are not eligible to attend Relocate Day. Students who cannot attend Relocate Day should meet with their regional campus advisor and schedule for Athens campus classes during their regular advising time.
Program Dates and Fees
For students relocating to the Athens campus in Summer 2020 or Fall 2020, Relocate Day was on Friday, March 27, 2020. Students who didn't participate in that program should contact the people above to discuss getting advised by an advisor on the Athens campus and can register themselves for Athens campus courses. These students should also complete the "Make a Housing Plan" steps below.
Preparing for Relocate Day
Parking During Your Program
Parking for Relocate Day will be in Lot 132 (next to Peden Stadium). Lot 132 can be found on the Campus Parking Map. When you arrive to this parking lot, our staff will give you a parking pass for you to place on your dashboard. This parking permit will only be valid in Lot 132 and only for the day of the program.
Make a Housing Plan
Ohio University requires that all first- and second-year students reside on campus and participate in a meal plan for two academic years (4 semesters). In most cases this period comprises the freshmen and sophomore years at OHIO.
- Students wishing to live on campus, should complete the Notice of Relocation to the Athens Campus form.
- Consideration for housing exemption is given for those relocating students who can demonstrate two full years attending an accredited institution of higher education after high school graduation. Credit towards exemption eligibility from the housing requirement will not be given for college study completed while attending high school. Other exceptions to the rule requiring on-campus housing exist for commuters, students 23 years of age and older, military veterans, and other categories.
- Students wishing to be exempted from university housing and/or meal plan must submit a housing exemption request form for review and approval.
Things to Bring to Relocate Day
- Photo ID
- Technology for Course Registration
- We will have limited computers available during course registration at Relocate Day. If you are able to bring your own laptop, iPad, or Tablet with Internet Access, please do so for a quicker registration process. This does not need to be the technology you will use as a student on the Athens campus, so you do not need to worry about getting that at this time. If you do not have your own device consider borrowing technology from someone to bring with you. We will have some technology resources available to use and will share accordingly. A smartphone is difficult to use for registration purposes, so plan on bringing something different, if possible.
- Make sure you’re in proper attire for the experience. Bring an umbrella and wear comfy shoes! Also, some of the spaces we will be in for sessions may require a light jacket, so make sure to bring one of those too.
Relocate Day Schedule (Sample - Subject to Change)