Interested in Athens?
This page will help you decide if you are eligible to attend Relocate Day, how to register to attend, and what you can expect to learn at Relocate Day. Please call us at 740.593.1951 with any questions.
Find out if you are eligible to relocate
Per Undergraduate Catalog: Relocating Student
If you are currently attending one of Ohio University's regional campuses and wish to attend the Athens Campus, you are considered a relocating student. Relocation is possible for any semester, though you must have earned at least 12 credit hours of coursework that is not developmental or remedial on the regional campus with a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA to be eligible for relocation. Students who have earned fewer than 12 credit hours at a regional campus will be subject to Athens Campus admission guidelines. Contact the student services office on your regional campus for additional information.
The Next Relocate Day is
March 29, 2019
Registration for the March 29 Relocate Day is now open.
At Relocate Day, students will review academic requirements for their programs, or learn about their requirements if changing their major, as well as learn about life in Athens.
Ohio University undergraduate students who attend a regional campus are eligible to register for Relocate Day. Students eligible to attend should register, as this allows the academic advisors to better prepare for you.
Relocate Day Documents
- Relocate Day Schedule [PDF]
- Relocate Day Information Sheet [PDF]
- Relocate Day Checklist [PDF]
- Athens Campus Map
Notice of Relocation to the Athens Campus
A form to be completed by students relocating from an Ohio University regional campus to the Athens Campus
Parking Permit Information
Our office has purchased a guest permit for you to park on the campus of Ohio University. This will require you to log into the Parking Services My Account page. If you have previously created an account on the Parking Services Website, please use those credentials to log in. If you have never created one before, you will need to create a GUEST account.
Please note that you MUST have your vehicle information (license plate, color, make and model) on hand before you may claim your permit. If you will be driving a rental car on campus, please stop in at the Visitor Parking Registration Center at the corner of Richland Ave. and South Shafer St. when you arrive on campus; at this location you will be able to claim and print your permit.
Permit Usage Instructions
- Permit may only be used by the individual who claimed/purchased it--please do not share your permit.
- Permit is only valid on the license plate entered when claiming the permit. Usage within a vehicle other than the one registered at the time of purchase may result in a fine.
- Permit is valid only within the area(s) indicated on the permit. Please check the permit carefully, and compare the location to the Campus Parking Map.
- Permit is not valid in metered or restricted areas. All fees must be paid at a meter or within an hourly parking area/garage.
- Please park in a valid, legal space indicated by a white line on each side of your vehicle.
- Parking is never permitted in the grass, along curbs, or in an area not designated as a parking space.
- Please contact Parking Services at 740-593-1917 with questions regarding parking on the campus of Ohio University.
Click the link below to begin the process of logging into/creating your account and claiming your permit.
If you have a question regarding the Parking Services Website or have issues claiming your permit, please contact Parking Services at 740-593-1917. If you have questions regarding the date of your visit with the department or issues you need to discuss your visit, you must contact the department directly that submitted the request.
- Relocate Day is free for students and $20 for each guest. All fees are billed directly to the student's account.
- Students who cannot attend Relocate Day should meet with their regional campus advisor and schedule for Athens campus classes during their regular advising time.
- Parking on the Athens Campus for Relocate Day requires a parking permit. Parking permits will be emailed to registered guests a few days before the event. For information about parking, visit OHIO's parking page.
- An accumulative GPA of 2.0 is required to relocate to Athens. If you are currently on academic or transfer probation, you are not eligible to attend Relocate Day.