At OHIO, the TRIO/Student Support Services program is most commonly known as the College Achievement Program (CAP) which is housed in the Academic Achievement Center.
CAP provides opportunities for academic development & intellectual growth, assists students with OHIO's graduation requirements, and serves to motivate students toward the successful completion of one's undergraduate degree. We have a distinguished record of increasing the retention and graduation rates of our participants.
CAP offers a range of services to help participants adjust to the rigor of college life, meet the demands of one's academic program, and achieve timely graduation. CAP is housed in the Academic Achievement Center in Alden Library.
All CAP services are designed to increase a student's chance of success at Ohio University.
There are eligibility requirements students must meet in order to be accepted:
- Eligibility for CAP is determined according to a Two Tier system.
- Students must satisfy both tiers to be eligible for CAP.
- CAP is a small program, space is limited and eligibility does not guarantee admission.
- CAP serves approximately 275 students annually.
Tier 1: Does the student have an academic need?
This is defined as:
- Having an ACT composite score less than or equal to 22* or
- Having a SAT combined (math + verbal) score less than 1090 or
- High School GPA below a 3.0 or
- ACT Reading or Math score below 19
If a student satisfies one of the Tier 1 requirements, they must also meet at least one of the Tier 2 requirements.
Tier 2: To satisfy this requirement, a student must:
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent graduated from a four-year school, college, or university) or
- Come from a family whose Income meets federal standards for low income level or
- Be registered with the Ohio University Office of Student Accessibility Services.
Apply to Join CAP
If you are interested in participating in the program and meet the eligibility requirements, please complete the 2018- 2019 application. Space is limited therefore; service and support opportunities are exclusive for participating TRIO students only.
For more information about the TRIO/Student Support Services program and OHIO's College Achievement Program, contact the Academic Achievement Center at 740-593-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.