41.007: Twelve-Month Pay Option
|Status:||Approved on May 7, 2012||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
|Effective:||July 1, 2012||
|Initiated by:||Julie Allison|
|Endorsed by:||Pam Benoit|
Executive Vice President and Provost
|Approved by:||Roderick J. McDavis|
- I. Overview
This policy establishes a uniform process regarding employee eligibility for twelve-month pay option.
Ohio University permits all full-time and part-time employees who have an appointment for nine, ten, or eleven consecutive months or two consecutive academic semesters to receive their pay in twelve monthly installments for administrative positions or twenty-four equal installments for faculty positions, beginning with the first scheduled pay for the appointment period.
See Policy 41.003 and Policy 41.004 for the methods used to calculate the un-equal installments used when the employment starts late or ends early.
- II. Process
- Eligible employees must complete an authorization form no less than thirty days before the first pay date.
- Once the Twelve-Month Pay Option has been applied to the employee's payroll record, the decision is irrevocable within the period of the appointment. An employee may rescind his or her authorization to be effective with the succeeding appointment.
- Unless rescinded, the authorization will remain in effect for all future appointments that have a duration of nine, ten, or eleven consecutive months or two consecutive academic semesters.
- In situations of multiple appointments, only those individual appointments for nine, ten, or eleven consecutive months or two consecutive academic semesters may be considered for the twelve-month pay option. Specifically, multiple appointments of shorter duration will not be considered.
Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Chief Human Resource Officer
- Administrative Senate
- Faculty Senate
- Forms, References, and History
- A. Forms
The following form is specific to this policy:
- The Twelve-Month Pay Option Authorization Form is available online, linked through http://www.ohio.edu/finance/customercare/Payroll.cfm. It includes sections for authorization and for cancellation.
- B. References
The following items are relevant to this policy:
- Policy 41.003, "Partial Month's Salary for Salaried Administrative Appointments."
- Policy 41.004, "Partial Salary for Faculty and Graduate Assistants."
- C. History
Draft versions of this policy that were circulated for review, their cover memos, their forms, and Reviewers' comments on them are available on the password-protected Review site, at https://www.ohio.edu/policy2/41-007/.
The only prior version of this policy was approved on March 1, 1993.