40.110: Employment Agency Fees
|Approved on February 27, 2005||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
|James E. Kemper|
Assistant Vice President for
Administration for Human Resources
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Interim Vice President for Finance and Administration
- This policy provides guidance pertaining to the use of employment agencies and the hiring of employees through employment agencies.
- Planning Unit Heads are empowered within departmental budget limitations to do either of the following:
- employ the services of placement offices or employment agencies, or
- pay the employment fees of new employees hired through employment agencies.
This policy shall pertain only to clerical employees, technicians, and specialists, and not to faculty members or administrative officers.
- Prior to authorizing the above services or payments, the employing department will obtain a written confirmation from University Human Resources that sufficient candidates to fill the position cannot be obtained through local channels, and that the use of an employment agency is an appropriate source of additional potential employees. Further, the employing department must obtain written approval in advance from the planning unit head, which includes Vice Presidents and Deans.
University Human Resources secures and manages the contracts associated with employment agencies.
- Policy 40.038, "Recruitment and Hiring for Classified Positions"
- Policy 40.121, "Making Presidential Appointments"
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Planning Unit Heads
- There are no forms that are specific to this policy.
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University. All Rights Reserved.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/policy/40-110.html) on May 14, 2013.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "firstname.lastname@example.org".