Digital accessibility experts now offering office hours
Ohio University’s Digital Accessibility Network (OHIO-DAN) is pleased to announce the introduction of monthly, open office hours available to OHIO students, faculty, and staff.
Beginning Tuesday, April 12, 2022, several digital accessibility experts will offer virtual office hours. The office hours will occur from 10 - 11 a.m., on the second Tuesday of each month.
The following digital accessibility experts will be available for conversation and consultation during these office hours:
- Jill Bateman, digital accessibility coordinator, Office of Information Technology
- Haley Billett, IT accessibility analyst, Office of Information Technology
- Jody Monk, instructional designer, Office of Instructional Innovation
During these office hours, you can consult with digital accessibility experts on a variety of topics, such as:
- Best practices for creating accessible web content
- Ensuring your course content is accessible for all students
- Understanding if a software package that you use meets accessibility requirements
To access these office hours, consider joining the OHIO-DAN. The office hours will be scheduled as a meeting within the OHIO-DAN Teams channel so that anyone can join during the scheduled sessions.
The OHIO-DAN is a University-wide, interdisciplinary group of volunteers who are committed to helping Ohio University not only improve its current tools to meet accessibility goals, but also incorporate best practices in coding, content creation, and the IT purchases we make.