NACE OHIO Student Section
Section Chairman: Kushal Singla (NACE# 9506492)
Section Vice-Chairwoman: Sahithi Ayyagari (NACE# 11168794)
Section Secretary/Treasurer: Adam Cutright (NACE# 11169019)
Section Faculty Advisor: Srdjan Nesic (NACE# 151136)
NACE OHIO News
ICMT alumni, current students and staff receive top honors at NACE 2016
NACE CORROSION 2016 conference held this March in Vancouver, Canada, had more than 5,000 attendees from around the world coming from 64 countries. In this highly competing environment Ohio University’s ICMT students and staff have won some major awards:
A.B. Campbell Award:
ICMT alumni Dr. Yougui Zheng received the 2016 A.B Campbell Award for the Best Young Author. This award is given in recognition of the most outstanding manuscript published in Materials Performance or CORROSION in the current year by an author, or authors, less than 35 years old at the time the manuscript was submitted for publication. This prestigious award was for the manuscript titled "Electrochemical Study and Modeling of H2S Corrosion of Mild Steel", by Yougui Zheng, Bruce Brown, and Srdjan Nešic. Yougui Zheng is with Shell Global Solutions.
CORROSION Best Paper Award:
ICMT alumni Dr. Yao Xiong et al., received the 2016 CORROSION Best Paper Award for the past publication year, which is the highest honor a corrosion paper can get. The CORROSION Best Paper Award is given in recognition of the most outstanding manuscript published in CORROSION Journal in the calendar year preceding the award nomination deadline. The award was for the manuscript “Atomic Force Microscopy Study of the Adsorption of Surfactant Corrosion Inhibitor Films”, by Yao Xiong, Bruce Brown, Brian Kinsella, Srdjan Nesic and Alain Pailleret. Yao Xiong is working for ExxonMobil.
Student Poster Award Winner:
In the Mars Fontana category for the field of corrosion, of three awarded posters, the First Place went to Saba Navabzadeh Esmaeely, a PhD student at the ICMT.
2016 NACE Foundation Scholarship Recipients:
Among NACE Foundation Academic Scholarship recipients was Kody Wolfe, an Undergraduate/Junior at the Chemical and BioMolecular Dept and among Graduate Student Book Award, one of the recipients was Maria Di Bonaventura, a Master Student at ICMT.
CONGRATULATIONS to all students for their valuable contribution to the corrosion research and an outstanding representation of ICMT and OU Russ College!
Student Members’ Activities
Student Members’ Activities At NACE 2005, Houston, TX
- Mendez, C., Singer, M., Comacho, A., Nesic, S., et al., Effect of Acetic Acid, pH and MEG on the CO2 Top of the Line Corrosion.
- Chokshi, K., Sun, W., Nesic, S., Iron Carbonate Film Growth and the Effect of Inhibitor in CO2 Corrosion of Mild Steel.
- Lee, K.-L. J., Nesic, S., The Effect of Trace Amount of H2S on CO2 Corrosion Investigated by Using the EIS Technique.
- Xiao Y., Nesic, S., A Stochastic Prediction Model of Localized CO2 corrosion.
- Sun, W., A Study of Film Formation in CO2/H2S Corrosion.
- Wen, J., Mass Transfer Effects on the Biocorrosion of C1018 Steel Due to Desulfurvibrio Desulfricans.
- Zhao, K., Effects of a Biocide and a Biocide Enhancer on SRB Growth and Biocorrosion.
Student Members’ Activities At NACE 2004, New Orleans, LA
- Nesic, S., Xiao, Y., A Quasi 2-D Localized Corrosion Model.
- Lee, K.-L. J., Nesic, S., EIS Investigation on the Electrochemistry of CO2/H2S Corrosion.
- Chokshi, K., A Study of Inhibitor-Scale Interaction in CO2 Corrosion of Mild Steel.
- Jhobalia, C, The Role of Biofilm and its Characteristics in MIC of Steel.
- Malka R., Erosion, Corrosion and Synergistic Effect in Disturbed Liquid / Particle Flow.
- Nafday, O., Film Formation and CO2 Corrosion in the Presence of Acetic Acid.
- Parakala, S., Electrochemistry of Hydrogen Sulfide and Carbon Dioxide Corrosion at High Temperatures and High Pressures.
- Sun, W., Kinetics of Scale Formation in CO2 Solutions