Professional Program Application Process
To begin, students must first apply to the Professional program through ATCAS.
Please use the following link: http://atcas.liaisoncas.org/
Post-Professional Program Application Process
Click here (PDF) to learn more about the post-professional AT program, including its mission, points of distinction and curriculum.
Click here (Word) to download a document to fill out and submit to the program director to apply to the post-professional program. Please note that this is in addition to the requirements of Graduate Admissions.
Click here (Word) to download a form to give to individuals you have asked to write letters of recommendation. Please note that this form is in addition to the requirements of Graduate Admissions.
Athletic Training Residency Application Process
Applications to the Athletic Training Residency Certificate Program are submitted online to the Ohio University Graduate College.
Note: When prompted for the program, search by program code: CTATRG
Doctor of Athletic Training Application Process
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- Be a graduate of a CAATE-accredited master’s degree program or be a credentialed athletic trainer and possess a master’s degree in a related area
- Possess a minimum master’s degree GPA of 3.0
- Be certified as an athletic trainer by the Board of Certification, Inc.
- Be appropriately credentialed in the state in which they reside.
- Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number.
- Each semester the student must demonstrate evidence of full-or part-time work experience as an athletic trainer. The scope of employment can include clinical practice, teaching, research, business, and/or administrative responsibilities. Gaps in employment must be justified in order to seek a waiver of this requirement (e.g., Family Medical Leave).
Follow these steps:
- Apply online through OHIO's Graduate College
- Submit the OHIO application fee of $50 ($55 for international students).
- Upload copies of the following documents:
- An official transcript from the institution where you are earning or have earned a master’s degree.
- BOC Certification Verification (a screenshot, including your certification number, is acceptable)
- State credential (California residents, please upload another copy of your BOC certification in lieu of the state credential) (a screenshot, including your state credential number, is acceptable)
- Program application form
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your current employer.