Professional-Undergraduate Application Process
After the 2017-2018 academic year, students will no longer be able to apply to the Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training program.
Professional-Graduate Application Process
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Ohio University will use ATCAS's cumulative GPA calculations based on each institution attended. The cumulative GPA must be a 3.0 in order to meet minimum application standards.
A minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.0
The prerequisite GPA is based upon the program prerequisite courses. If an applicant retakes prerequisite courses or takes a higher level course, the OHIO AT admissions committee may take the most recent grade into consideration.
- All prerequisite coursework must be completed with a minimum grade of 'C.' At the time of application, a candidate can only have two outstanding prerequisite courses. All prerequisite courses must be completed by summer semester of the matriculation year. The Professional MSAT program begins at that start of the fall term with orientation occurring in the beginning of August, and all prerequisites must be completed before the start of classes.
- Prerequisite science courses must be at the pre-medical or pre-health professional level. Students should check course equivalents with their academic advisor at their home institution.
- College course credit awarded through advanced placement or exams, within ten years of matriculation, may be applied toward direct equivalent prerequisite courses.
- There are no life credit or placement options for prerequisite coursework.
Candidates must submit official GRE scores. GRE scores are valid for five years as of the test date, at the time of application. GRE code is 1593 for Ohio University. Preferred GRE score is 300 with a preferred writing score of 4.0.
- 50 hours of observation with a credentialed athletic trainer or healthcare provider
- Three letters of recommendation
International Academic Documents
International candidates must provide a complete English translation of transcript(s). International candidates should also provide copies of a final diploma or degree certificate in their native language with English translation.
All non-native English-speaking candidates must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting official test scores for either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS academic). For more information go to our English Proficiency website.
TOEFL - Paper
TOEFL - iBT
IELTS - Academic
6.5 across all boards
Post-Professional Application Requirements
To be eligible for the post-professional AT program, applicants must have:
- Earned a bachelor's degree in athletic training from a CAATE-accredited AT program.
- Maintained a minimum overall undergraduate grade-point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale on the last 90 quarter hours or the last 60 semester hours. A GPA of 3.0 is highly preferred.
- Earned a preferred minimum score of 300 on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).