Ohio University uses Handshake, the leading career platform used by 500+ colleges and by more than 250,000 employers. Through Handshake, you can schedule a career coaching appointment, search for a job/internship, sign up for a career fair, network with employers, and more! Your account is waiting for you - just log in with your OHIO ID and password.
Handshake's mobile app also makes it easy to discover jobs, direct message employers, and stay on track with application deadlines on the go. Log in today and complete your profile to put your best foot forward with employers.
If you have a disability and rely on a screen reader or the keyboard for access to your computer, you will experience difficulty using the Handshake application. As the University works with Handshake to improve accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in navigating and using this application. A member of our team will connect with you.
Complete Your Profile
We recommend that all Handshake users complete their profile by adding information about their interests, experiences, and education. (Not sure about your interests? Don't worry- you can change these at any time.) When you complete your profile, Handshake will highlight jobs and internships that are relevant to you. You're also five times more likely to get messaged by a recruiter!
The three most important pieces of your profile to complete are:
- Job type - Are you interested in full-time jobs, part-time jobs, and/or internships?
- Location - Where would you like to work?
- Job Role- What jobs would you like to explore?
You'll also want to update your work authorization status and add your anticipated graduation year. Some employers set qualifications for virtual career fair sessions based on this information. We also recommend setting your profile visibility to Community so you can engage with employers and students/alumni!
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule a career coaching appointment on Handshake, please follow the steps below. To learn more about career coaching and Career Network services, visit our Career Coaching page.
- Click "Career Center" in the upper right screen
- Click "Appointments"
- Click "Schedule New Appointment"
- Click "Ohio University Career Network"
- Select an appointment type based on your interests. If you're interested in working in a specific industry, you can schedule an appointment tailored to that industry for customized career guidance!
- Select your time and date
- Select your appointment medium and write a few sentences about what you'd like to discuss.
- Request the appointment and you'll receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.