41.123: Entertaining Official Guests
|Approved on January 6, 2004||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
Director of Procurement Services
|Herman ("Butch") Hill, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Vice President for Administration and Finance
- To provide a policy for entertaining official guests of the University.
I. Authority to Approve
- The following persons have authority to approve expenditures for entertaining official guests of the University:
- Vice President(s)
- Assistant and Associate Dean(s)
- University Facilities Planner
- Director of Athletics
- Assistant and Associate Vice President(s)
- Associate Provost(s)
- Secretary of the Board of Trustees
- Director of the Innovation Center
- Grants and Contracts Accountant for Restricted Funds
II. Generally Authorized Purposes
- The following purposes are generally authorized for incurring entertainment expenses:
- To establish and maintain effective external communication and relationships for the benefit of the University.
- To expand available work hours to include early morning, noontime, and evening hours, with individual guests or small groups of guests.
- The number of university employees in attendance should be kept at a minimum.
- For spousal expense to be allowable, the spouse's attendance must clearly serve a business purpose.
- Original itemized receipts or vendor invoices are required.
- Alcoholic beverages are authorized on Foundation funds only, and must be incidental to a meal.
- Any deviation from this policy must have the Provost's written approval prior to the entertainment. A copy of the approval should be submitted with the Direct Payment Form, or Travel Expense Report, or stapled to the P-card monthly statement.
II. P-Card Use or Reimbursement
- If a P-card has been used, the following must be including in the on-screen NOTES:
- Date and location of event,
- Type of entertainment,
- Participant names and their business relationship to the University, and
- the Business purpose of the meeting.
- For reimbursement, use a Direct Payment Form or a Travel Expense Report Form ("TER"), as appropriate. Attach an Entertainment Expense Report Form No. EE1 to the Direct Payment Form or TER. It must be completed and submitted within 30 days after expenses are incurred. It should be forwarded to the General Accounting and Financial Reporting Office (GAFR), 218 HDL Center. Any delay must be explained.
- Original itemized receipts must be submitted with the EE1 or stapled to the P-card monthly statement.
- Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Policy and Procedure Review Committee
- Manager of Accounts Payable
- The following forms are specific to this policy:
- The Direct Payment Form is available at http://www.ohio.edu/finance/procuretopay/forms.cfm.
- The Entertainment Expense Report Form No. EE1 is available at http://www.ohio.edu/finance/procuretopay/forms.cfm.
- The Travel Expense Report Form is available at http://www.ohio.edu/finance/procuretopay/forms.cfm.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/policy/41-123.html) on May 15, 2013.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "email@example.com".