Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

Margaret M. Walter Hall


Location and Current Use

Margaret M. Walter Hall is located in the West Green, between coordinates F-5 and G-6 on the campus map. It is marked as # 156 on the map.

Margaret M. Walter Hall, a 44,000-square-foot two-story building, contains classrooms, including several large lecture halls, and meeting rooms for the senates and trustees. To reserve Walter rotunda, call Baker Center at 593-4021. To reserve one of the classrooms, call central scheduling, at 593-4188, or send an email to scheduling@ohio.edu.


History of the Building

Margaret M. Walter Hall was completed in December, 2003, and dedicated on April 16, 2004. It was built on the former site of Trautwein Field, south of Grover Center, adjacent to Bicentennial Park.


Margaret M. Walter

The building was made possible by a $5 million gift from Robert D. Walter, chairman of the Ohio University Board of Trustees and CEO of Cardinal Health Inc., and his wife, Margaret "Peggy" McGreevy Walter, both 1967 Ohio University graduates.


Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/walter.html) on April 26, 2013.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.