E. W. Scripps Hall houses the E. W. Scripps School of Journalism, one of the top programs in the nation. The building houses the Bush Research Center, Lasher Learning Center, several classrooms, computer labs, and a 90-seat lecture hall. An amphitheater stands on the College Green side of the building.
To help establish architectural variety on the campus, Carnegie Library was built in Second Renaissance Revival style. It features corbeled brick arcading and keystone arches over the windows. The original building also included a marble rotunda, which has since been removed.
After the construction of Chubb Library, the building was remodeled for classrooms and offices. The Carnegie Library building was renamed Carnegie Hall in 1936.
The building was completely renovated and again renamed, in 1985, and in January of 1986 the E. W. Scripps School of Journalism moved in. The dedication was held on May 2, 1986.
|Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/scripps.html) on April 26, 2013.|