Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

Parks Hall


Location and Current Use

Parks Hall is located in the West Green, between coordinates D-4 and E-4 on the campus map. It is marked as # 105 on the map.

Parks Hall houses University Medical Associates, Inc. UMA was established in 2003 as the faculty practice plan for Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-COM). UMA is dedicated to delivering healthcare to the residents of southeastern Ohio while providing clinical training opportunities for future osteopathic physicians. All UMA physicians are faculty members at OU-COM.

The following physician practices are housed at UMA's Parks Hall location:


History of the Building

Parks Hall, built in 1962, was originally used as a residence hall when it first opened. It was originally known as West Green building number 4. Major renovations were made in 1983 and the College of Medicine moved into the building.


George C. Parks

Parks Hall was named in honor of George C. Parks, a 1908 graduate of Ohio University. He served for 40 years as an accounting professor, business manager, treasurer, and secretary of the Board of Trustees.


Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/parks.html) on April 26, 2013.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.