McKee House is located in the College Green, at coordinates H-4 on the campus map. It is marked as # 59 on the map.
History of Building
Built in 1900, it was used as a family residence until Ohio University purchased the property in 1957 from Constance G. McKee. After major renovations it was occupied by the Comparative Arts and Psychological Departments. In 1981, it became the home for the Personnel Department that is now known as the Human Resources Department. In 2002, University Human Resources moved their office to the new building on West Union Street, opposite the HDL Center. Graduate Studies used McKee House from 2003 through 2009.
Grosvenor S. McKee
McKee House, was named in honor of Grosvenor S. McKee, a 1916 graduate of Ohio University. He was National President of Ohio University Alumni Association, a member of the Ohio University Fund, Inc., Board of Directors, and a member of the Trustees Academy. He was a generous supporter of the university. His gifts to Ohio University included the chimes at Cutler Hall and Baker University Center's 1804 grandfather clock.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/mckee.html) on April 26, 2013.