Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

Irvine Hall


Location and Current Use

Irvine Hall is located in the West Green, at coordinates E-4 on the campus map. It is marked as # 102 on the map.

Irvine Hall houses the College of Osteopathic Medicine's Department of Biological Sciences, the Tropical Disease Institute, and Simulated Patient Laboratory. It is a principal locale for a broad range of the college's teaching, programs, and student activities.

History of Building

Built in 1965, it was originally used as a residence hall. It was originally known as West Green building number 6. It later became part of the College of Osteopathic Medicine.


James Irvine

Irvine Hall was named in honor of James Irvine, the second president of Ohio University. A native of Washington County, New York, he was educated at Union College. He was a Professor of Mathmetics before becoming president. After his retirement, he became a pastor of the Presbyterian church. No portrait or signature of him has ever been found.


Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/irvine.html) on April 26, 2013.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.