Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

West Union Street Office Center

(formerly the HDL Center)


Location and Current Use

The West Union Street Office Center is located on West Union Street, in the North West Corner, between coordinates D-1 and F-1 on the campus map. It is marked as # 142 on the map.

The West Union Street Office Center houses several Ohio University offices, including parts of the Office of Information Technology, the Ohio University Switchboard, the Finance division, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, University Advancement Development Offices (Information Services), OU Foundation, Restricted Grants, Inventory Control, and Internal Audit. The West Union Street Office Center also houses a number of government and commercial enterprises, including the Ohio Bureau of Employment Services, The Ohio Department of Motor Vehicles (Title Department and Drivers License Division), The Ohio Company, Peoples Bank, and the Laughlin Vending Company.


History of the Building

The 3 story building was built in 1920 for the McBee Systems Printing Service. In the 1950's, Mcbee Systems was purchased by Litton Industries and became known as McBee Litton Industries. Ohio University acquired the building in the 1970's and used it for the Purchasing, Payroll, Treasurer, and Budget offices. After those offices moved to Lindley Hall, the building was purchased by Harold Laughlin. In 1997, major renovations were made to the building, and it become known as the HDL Center. In 2008, the building was purchased by Ohio University. It was renamed the West Union Street Office Center in 2011.

Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/hdlctr.html) on April 25, 2013.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.