Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

Grosvenor West


Location and Current Use

Grosvenor West (the West wing of Grosvenor Hall) is located in the West Green, between coordinates D-4 and E-4 on the campus map. It is marked as # 119 on the map.

The Grosvenor West Wing houses the College of Osteopathic Medicine's Learning Resource Center, Human Resources and Administrative Services, administrative and faculty offices, and conference rooms.


History of the Building

Built in 1965, the building was originally used for a dormitory. In 1986, it was renovated and renamed Grosvenor West.


Charles H. Grosvenor

Grosvenor (pronounced "Grovener" — the "s" is silent) Hall was named in honor of Charles H. Grosvenor, who grew up in Athens, Ohio. He was an attorney, a general in the Union Army during the Civil War, and a U.S. representative for 20 years. He was responsible for persuading Andrew Carnegie to provide funds for a library at Ohio University.


Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/grosw.html) on April 25, 2013.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.