Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

Grosvenor Hall



Location and Current Use

Grosvenor Hall is located in the West Green, between coordinates D-4 and E-4 on the campus map. It is marked as # 96 on the map.

Grosvenor Hall is home to the College of Osteopathic Medicine. The building houses the college's gross anatomy laboratories, osteopathic manipulative medicine laboratory, the college's Office of Admissions, the Dean's Office, and various other departments, including Community Health Programs, as well as numerous classrooms, small meeting rooms, and offices for faculty and staff.


History of the Building

Grosvenor Hall was the first building of the West Green project, and was therefore originally known as West Green building number 1. It opened in 1962 and was used for a dormitory. In 1977 it was renovated and became the home of the then-new College of Osteopathic Medicine.


Charles H. Grosvenor

Grosvenor (pronounced "Grovener" — the "s" is silent) Hall was named in honor of Charles H. Grosvenor, who grew up in Athens, Ohio. He was an attorney, a general in the Union Army during the Civil War, and a U.S. representative for 20 years. He was responsible for persuading Andrew Carnegie to provide funds for a library at Ohio University.


Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/grosv.html) on April 25, 2013.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.