Fenzel House, located on South Green was built in 1968 and used as a residence hall for students. It was originally known as South Green building number 1.
William H. Fenzel
Fenzel House was named in honor of William H. Fenzel. A native of Athens, OH, he was educated at Ohio University, New York University, and University of Chicago. He was a professor of Accounting at Ohio University for 50 years, from 1918 to 1968. He served as Chairman of the Accounting Department and acting Dean of the College of Commerce. He was very active in the Alumni Association, serving as its treasurer and president.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/fenzel.html) on April 25, 2013.