Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

Drew Park

Location and Current Use

Drew Park is located in the Athletic Mall, at coordinates F-6 on the campus map, between Peden Stadium and South Green Drive. The sculpture of the bobcat is visible on the left side of the photo.


History of the Park

Drew Park was made possible in 2003 by a donation from Ohio University employee Scott Blower, a grounds supervisor with Ohio Athletics, and his wife, Crista Beegle Blower, BBA '85. The park is named for the Blowers' then 7-year-old son.

For more information, see the "It was a field day" box on the right side of http://www.ohiou.edu/ohiotoday/winter03/features/soccer.html.

The sculpture was started by Fred Glover, who passed away prior to its completion. His son Colin finished the project. It was dedicated in 2002.


Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/drewpark.html) on April 25, 2013.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.