Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

Wilhelm Amphitheater


Location and Current Use

Wilhelm Amphitheater is located in the College Green at coordinates G-4 on the campus map. It is between Scripps Hall and McGuffey Hall.

Wilhelm Amphitheater is used for a variety of events including, dedications, plays, prayer, singing, theater, and discussions. Reservations can be made to use the facility by contacting the Baker University Center Director's office.


History of Amphitheater

Wilhelm Amphitheater was built on the former site of Ewing Hall in 1984 when major renovations were made to E. W. Scripps Hall. The dedication of E. W. Scripps School of Journalism was held at the amphitheater.


Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/amph.html) on April 24, 2013.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.