Ohio University

How to Join

High School Students

If you're still in high school and you're interested in enrolling in Army ROTC, you can find schools that carry an Army ROTC program or talk to your academic advisor. Learn more by visiting the High School Students page.

College Students

If you're interested in enrolling in Army ROTC and you're in college, you can start by taking an Army ROTC basic elective course. If you have at least two or more years remaining toward your undergraduate degree, but not enough time to complete the Basic Course, you may be able to attend the Leaders Training Course during the summer, which will enable you to continue on with Advance 300 and 400-level Army ROTC courses. To enroll in Ohio University Army ROTC Program learn more by visiting our College Students page.

Cadet Initial Entry Training (CIET)

This course is for both those Cadets who earn an Army ROTC Scholarship in high school or during freshman year of college and for those college students who want to join Army ROTC late in their college career and complete the program in two years. CIET is a challenging and motivating 28-day training program at Fort Knox, Kentucky. If not already on scholarship, upon completion of CIET, you may earn a two-year scholarship. Ask the Bobcat Battalion Recruiting Operations Officer for more details.

National Guard/Reserve

If you are an Enlisted Soldier in the Army and interested in becoming an Officer, find out more about opportunities for Soldiers.

The Simultaneous Membership Program allows you to attend Army ROTC and serve in the U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard at the same time. It gives you an opportunity for additional training and experience. Cadets serve as Officer trainees in the Reserve or National Guard while completing college. You can earn Reserve/Guard pay and benefits in addition to your Army ROTC allowances.