The OHIO Guide
The OHIO Guide is an important resource to help navigate the Ohio University system and culture. The guide provides you with essential information concerning available majors and minors and important academic policies and resources that will help you face the complexities of college culture and academic life.
The guide will help you in the early stages of your college career as you explore the ways you want to engage in the community and carve out a unique and positive pathway to your future.
Traditionally a printed book, the 2018-19 OHIO Guide is the first to be a web-based interactive experience.
The OHIO Guide uses Top Hat. The Join Code is 271303.
- OHIO Guide content is viewable when accessed through a laptop/desktop or preferably, the Top Hat app.
- Content will not be viewable if being accessed through the browser on a phone or a tablet.
Faculty & Staff
Because the OHIO Guide is treated as a course on Top Hat, and courses have a maximum number of professors/owners, it was decided to make a copy of the book with anonymous access. Enter as a guest and you'll see the same content as students. Additionally, a page has been added at the end of your book which includes all of the book's content. (We did this so you could 'Search' (Ctrl+F) the document for keywords or phrases.) This guest access course also includes an 'Export PDF' feature.
- There's, unfortunately, no way for a guest user to access assigned content via the app, as the app requires a login.
- Users on phones could use the full web interface on a mobile phone by enabling the Show Desktop Version option on their mobile browser, however, the UI may be a difficult to navigate, as it's not designed for a phone.
- Tablet users could use the full web interface by enabling the Show Desktop Version.