Intent to Submit - B01
The intent to submit notification to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) signals to the Sponsored Projects Manager (SPM) that you intend to move forward with a proposal submission. It is not necessary for your proposal to be complete at this point. The SPM will assist you with the following preliminary actions:
- Principal Investigator (PI)/Project Director (PD) Eligibility
- Institutional Eligibility
- Guideline Interpretation
- Budget Review
- Submission Deadline Adherence
ORSP recommends that you initiate an Intent to Submit early in the process. Proposal Submission Deadline adherence is critical and ORSP may have multiple submissions for the same opportunity. Be aware that ORSP places priority on proposals already in the queue.
This procedure applies to all sponsored projects subject to OU Policy 19.045 Administering External Grants and Contracts set up as separate accounts in the OHIO Financial Management System (FMS).
Methods to Request an Intent to Submit
This method triggers an email to the ORSP Service Center of your Intent to Submit with the URL link to the Pivot opportunity. Log into your Pivot account and use the share feature located near the top right corner of the page to submit the following information:
- Recipient: email@example.com
- Message: Express your interest in applying toward the opportunity and any other information you would like to provide up to the text limit.
- Click Send to email your Intent to Submit to ORSP at Ohio University. You will receive an email confirmation.
E-Mail or Call the ORSP Service Center at ORSP@ohio.edu or (740) 597-ORSP (6777) with the required information.
Contact your Sponsored Program Manager (SPM) directly (Use the Grant Manager Directory to locate your SPM)
Information Required for an Intent to Submit
- Sponsoring Agency or Organization
- Submission Deadline
- Copy or Link to sponsor guidelines and/or application
- List of collaborators (if applicable)
The SPM will confirm the request and prepare a timeline/checklist for the proposal submission.
Training is available through ORSP upon request. Submit request for training to ORSP@ohio.edu.
Roles and Responsibilities