Conference and Events Services to open reservation books for spring semester on Sept. 13
Ohio University’s Conference and Event Services will open its reservation books for Spring Semester 2024 on Wednesday, Sept. 13, at 9 a.m.
This will allow OHIO student organizations and departments to make reservations for Jan. 2, 2024, through Aug. 11, 2024, at the following venues on the Athens Campus:
- Baker University Center
- Galbreath Chapel
- Nelson Commons
- Select outdoor spaces
- Walter Rotunda
Fall Semester 2024 will be open for bookings on Wednesday, March 20, 2024, at 9 a.m.
OHIO’s Virtual Event Management System (Virtual EMS)
On opening day, all events are reserved through OHIO’s Virtual EMS reservation system. It’s imperative to ensure your department is correctly registered and has the correct access to reserve spaces.
All OHIO employees who wish to reserve Conference and Event Services spaces will need to ensure their department has given the correct access to employees to reserve spaces on behalf of their department. This will ensure appropriate access to event space reservations, including reservations in Baker University Center, Walter Rotunda, Galbreath Chapel or outdoor event spaces.
If you log onto EMS and only see a list of four spaces you can access, then you need to submit a service request and include the Oracle Account Number and a list of no more than 10 individuals from the unit with permission to reserve event spaces. The request should be completed by a budget authority. Please be aware that only faculty and full-time staff will be granted access to reserve spaces. Students are no longer able to reserve spaces on behalf of University Departments. (Student organizations will not need to re-register at this link.)
Questions specific to EMS accounts, the EMS Webapp, or staff access to EMS accounts should be directed to the Office of Information Technology via the Technology Help Center or submit a service request above.
On opening day, log onto Virtual EMS and book your events at this website.
For questions about current or future reservations within spaces that Conference and Event Services manages, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 740.593.4021 or contact your reservations coordinator.
- Be sure to have all request information ready, such as: date, time, space, number of attendees, and event name.
- Ensure you’ve registered your department and given access to the right people to be able to reserve space in EMS.
- Only request your event start time and end time. If you request the entire day, the system will deny your request, as it will go beyond the building hours. Your set up time is already factored in within the reservation start and end time.
- Enter in as many details as you can when you place your request. This will allow Conference and Event Services more information to properly approve your event.
- Watch several helpful tutorial videos on how to use EMS to reserve space: