DEIABJ workshop series offered in Spring 2023
The Division of Diversity and Inclusion and the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost are co-sponsoring the diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, belonging, and justice (DEIABJ) workshop series for the Ohio University campus community.
The DEIABJ workshop series is designed to support OHIO’s commitment to inclusive excellence by building an intentional culture of inclusion, creating an enriching academic experience that expands civic engagement and cultural competency, and ensuring individual success and retention needs of an increasingly diverse community.
Interim Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion Salome Nnoromele shared, "I am excited and encouraged by the range of topics covered this spring semester to inaugurate the DEIABJ workshop series. What an excellent opportunity to showcase the experience and expertise of OHIO's faculty and staff for the good of the community."
The Division of Diversity and Inclusion and the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost are offering the following workshops in Spring 2023 as part of DEIABJ workshop series.
Allyship in and out of the classroom: What can you do?
- Tuesday, Jan. 31, from 9:30–10:25 a.m. in Baker 219 (faculty and staff session)
- Wednesday, Feb. 1, from 10:45–11:40 a.m. in Baker 219 (student session)
- Hosted by Andrew Pueschel, assistant professor, marketing, College of Business
Discovering the Inclusive Leader Within
- Wednesday, Feb. 22, from 9:40–11:40 a.m. in Baker 219 (faculty and staff session)
- Wednesday, Feb. 22, from 12:55 – 2:55 p.m. in Baker 219 (student session)
- Hosted by Christina Mehlon, associate professor of instruction, sports administration, College of Business
Engaging and Networking for Sense of Belonging
- Wednesday, March 22, from 3:05–4:25 p.m. in Baker 219 (faculty and staff session)
- Co-hosted by Yuqiu You, professor, engineering technology and management, Russ College of Engineering, and Yuchun Zhou, associate professor, educational research and evaluation, Patton College of Education
Walk and Talk: Closing the Adventure Gap
- Sunday, March 26, from 2:00–4:00 p.m. at the Athens Community Center
- Co-hosted by Nichole Mazzone, environmental specialist, Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Service, and Nicole Albers, program specialist, City of Athens Arts, Parks and Recreation Department
- Note: This workshop is being sponsored by Ohio University and the City of Athens. All Ohio University and Athens Community members are welcome.
Raising the Glass Ceiling: Strategies for Diversifying the Educator Workforce at K-12 and Higher Education Institutions
- Tuesday, April 11, from 12:00–12:55 p.m. through MS Teams (faculty, staff, and student session)
- Co-hosted by Marquis Parham, assistant director, career and employer engagement
Please visit the DEIABJ workshop series webpage for workshop descriptions, additional details, and updates. Participants may register for the workshops online at https://www.ohio.edu/diversity/deiabj-workshop-series.