Electronic W-2 forms: ensure your preference is set up in MPI
As part of the ongoing multi-factor authentication (MFA) migration initiative, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) has been working to migrate all current OHIO faculty and staff from Duo Mobile to Microsoft Azure MFA.
If you have successfully migrated to Azure MFA and have received an electronic W-2 form previously or would like to begin receiving an electronic form for the upcoming year, you will need to update your selection in the My Personal Information section of myhr.ohio.edu.
The change from Duo to Azure MFA introduces changes to the authentication method that is used to access your W-2 form electronically through My Personal Information. As a result of this change, the IRS requires renewed consent be obtained from employees who wish to continue receiving electronic W-2 forms.
Please take a moment and re-enroll now if you would like to continue receiving your W-2 form online. You can also follow the steps below to sign up for electronic delivery of your W-2 form for the first time.
To receive your W-2 electronically, follow these simple steps:
- Log into My Personal Information at myhr.ohio.edu.
- After logging in, choose Other Misc. Information in the left navigation menu.
- Scroll to the OU Electronic Consent section and
- Select Add to re-enroll in electronic W-2 Forms or to choose your delivery preference for the first time.
- Select Update if you previously opted out of electronic W-2 forms and would like to change your selection to electronic delivery.
- In the field next to I consent to receive my W-2 on-line: Select Y or N, enter a Y and select Apply.
- Note: Do not stop here. To confirm your selection, you must complete steps 5 and 6 below.
- Select Next and review your choice.
- Select Submit to finish. The payroll office will notify you via email in January when your W-2 is available online.
Additional instructions are available online at ohio.edu/hr/resources/hr-system-training.