Nominations being accepted to celebrate International Education Week 2021
International Education Week, hosted this year from Nov. 15-19, 2021, seeks to celebrate and elevate the “Resilience of the OHIO Community in Global Engagement.”
Following the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, the 2020 IEW Virtual celebrations examined the global interconnectedness of shared Bobcat experiences through video storytelling and peer-submitted kudos.
This year, as the pandemic persists, the University community continues to find its shared path forward.
The International Education Week Committee is soliciting nominations, via 30-60 second videos or short text, to recognize and celebrate faculty, staff, alumni and community members in the region who have exemplified excellence in global engagement through teaching, learning, research, outreach, and services. All nominees will be recognized during the IEW Gala (tentatively scheduled on Nov. 17, 2021) and receive a small token of appreciation.
Areas of excellence for nomination include:
Faculty and Staff Nominees:
- Global Teaching and Learning: Commitment to international education though developing courses with international content or special topic courses that could serve as models for curriculum internationalization at OHIO. Teaching increases student awareness of international issues and/or involves them in learning activities abroad (physically or in a virtual setting).
- Global Research and Creative Activity: An “international presence” in nominee’s area of research, scholarly, and creative activities, through the creation or discovery of new knowledge, with demonstrated work which involves international collaboration and activities in person or virtually.
- Global Partnership, Service, and Outreach: Distinguished contributions for the promotion of international understanding and service to OHIO and/or to the international community through developing opportunities for collaborative activity with an institution abroad and/or engaging in community development and capacity building activities abroad.
- Supporting Global Engagement: Supporting to advance significant international understanding, global engagement, or international education domestically or abroad through innovation, creativity, and inspiration in promoting global education, cultural understanding, intercultural teaching and learning, and/or development of international learning among students, staff, and faculty.
- Global Leadership: Demonstrating outstanding contributions to global education and international programs offered through OHIO. Instrumental in strategically advancing OHIO’s reputation as a recognized global leader.
- Global Diversity and Inclusion: Local individuals or community organizations who demonstrate outstanding service, advocacy or outreach fostering holistic community integration and support of international students, as well as the programming and networks that exist beyond the OHIO community.
How to submit
Nominations must be made by current or former members of OHIO’s faculty, staff, students or alumni. Learn more and submit nominations by video (30-60 seconds, horizontal format) or written statement by Oct. 15, 2021. Multiple nominations are permitted from one nominator.
Nominations should include the following information:
- Name of the person nominating.
- Name of the nominee, position/title/department or connection to Ohio University.
- Category in which the nominee’s contributions align within the above areas of excellence.
- A short overview explaining and endorsing the nominee’s efforts and accomplishments supporting “Resilience of the OHIO Community in Global Engagement.”
Once the nominations are received, the nominees will be asked to share a short acceptance video or written statement. Compiled videos will be shared during the IEW Gala on Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021. The IEW Gala is tentatively scheduled as a hybrid event, pending pandemic health and safety guidance.