Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion Dr. Gigi Secuban announces LGBT Center director finalists
Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion Gigi Secuban is pleased to announce that three finalists have been invited to interview on campus as candidates for Ohio University’s next director of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Center.
As part of the interview process, the University community will have an opportunity to interact with the candidates during open forums where they will deliver a brief presentation and answer questions from students, faculty and staff.
Open forums for all students, faculty and staff will take place on the following dates and times. Please note that the public is invited to attend these open forum sessions.
- Micah McCarey – Wednesday, November 20: 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. at Baker University Center, Room 231
- Nicolas Franco - Thursday, November 21: 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. 31 S. Court Street, Room 006
- Kerr Mesner – Friday, November 22: 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. at 31 S. Court Street, Room 006
Student-only interview sessions have also been arranged with all three candidates. The sessions will be held from 1:15 to 1:45 p.m. McCarey will meet with students Nov. 20 in Baker University Center 231; Franco will meet with students Nov. 21 at 31 S. Court St., Room 006; and Mesner will meet with students Nov. 22 at 31 S. Court St., Room 006.
Your input into the search for our next Director of the LGBT Center is vitally important to the success of the search.
Dr. Cynthia D. Anderson, Director of OHIO’s Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies and Professor of Sociology, is serving as chair of the search committee.
Search committee representatives include:
- Pat Bungard, Administrative Services Associate, Office for Multicultural Student Access & Retention
- Nick Wortman, Director of HR Services, University Human Resources
- Korbyn Newman, Undergraduate Student
- Caden Madison, Undergraduate Student
- Jesse Keller, Undergraduate Student
- Jan Huebenthal, Assistant Director, LGBT Center
- Brett Fredericksen, Graduate Student
- Katy Kropf, Assistant Clinical Professor, Family Medicine
- Joshua Casto, Director of Marketing and Communications, College of Business, Dean’s Office
- Margaux Cowden, Director, Manasseh Cutler Scholars Program & OHIO Honors Program, Cutler Scholars Program
- Akil Houston, Associate Professor, African-American Studies
- Kristyn Neckles, Psychologist, Counseling and Psychological Services
- Shai Pina (ex officio), Administrative Specialist, Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Tyrone Carr was named interim director of the LGBT Center before he accepted a position with University Advancement. The University hired Dr. Jan Huebenthal as the LGBT Center’s first assistant director in February. Upon Carr’s departure in mid-May, Micah McCarey has served as the Center’s interim director.