An online Alcohol /Sexual Assault Education Course
- All first-year Ohio University students, including transfers with fewer than 30 earned credit hours, are required to successfully complete the online education for College.
- College credit hours earned in high school do not exempt you from this requirement, regardless of the hours earned.
- If you are transferring from another college or university, and have fewer than 30 credit hours at Ohio University, you must take course.
- If you are relocating to the Athens campus from a regional campus of Ohio University and have fewer than 30 credit hours, you must take the course.
- Failure to complete the course will result in a registration hold.
Alcohol Edu/Haven, are online alcohol education and sexual violence harm-reduction courses. Both are mandatory for all first-year students at Ohio University. Haven provides specific definitions pertaining to sexual misconduct. Alcohol Edu incorporates evidence-based methods to empower students to make well-informed decisions that will contribute to a safe campus environment for everyone. You'll find the courses are interesting and gets you involved. It includes instant feedback, video clips, and comparisons to other college students. It takes about 2 ½ hours to complete and can be taken on any computer that has audio capabilities and is connected to the Internet. Complete details are below.
To obtain your login ID and to complete the course please
visit this link.
You may begin taking online course on
July 16, 2018
by visiting the website listed above. All you need to take the course is a computer with access to the Internet and audio capabilities. The course has two sections:
The first part MUST be completed before moving on campus. You must earn a grade of 80 or higher to pass the course. The deadline for finishing this section of the course is August 27, 2018.
About a month and a half after you complete the Final Exam you will receive an email to complete part two. The deadline to complete this section of the course is October 29, 2018.
If you are starting Ohio University in the Summer or the Fall of 2018:
The deadline for finishing the Final Exam is August 27, 2018.
The deadline to complete part two is October 29, 2018.
If you are starting Ohio University in the Spring of 2019:
The deadline for finishing the Final Exam is January 14, 2019.
The deadline to complete the Final Exam is March 8, 2019.
Health Promotion 355 Baker University Center 740.593.4025.
Questions: Terry Koons, Associate Director, Campus Involvement Center