Ways to Get Involved
The best way to get involved in GSS is by applying for a GSS position. Applications are typically open in the Summer and close early in the Fall term. The remaining positions are then filled on a rolling basis.
Other ways to get involved
- Attend GSS meetings and events (e.g., Grad Con)
- Talk to your Department Representative or College Senator about ways to get involved
- Reach out to the current Executive Board (email@example.com)
Why should you get involved with Graduate Student Senate?
- Make an impact on the life of current and future graduate-professional students at Ohio University
- Represent graduate students on university committees
- Learn the administrative workings of Ohio University and American higher education in general
- Learn the latest issues affecting the graduate and professional students' lives
- Vote on issues and concerns impacting graduate student life
- Create sustainable change by making policies that will affect your peers
- Gain skills to advocate at the local, state, and national level