Expo Impact Prize
It's our biggest prize pool ever! As much as $15,000 will be awarded to presenters at the Ohio University Student EXPO on April 7, 2022!
If you are planning to present your research at the Ohio University Student EXPO on April 7, 2022 and think your work has potential to have an impact in the world (commercial or social), enter our special session for an opportunity to win.
A panel of expert judges will come to your poster on the day of the EXPO to learn about your work. In particular, judges will want to hear...
- What problem could your work solve? Or what good could it bring to the world?
- For what customer(s) or beneficiaries?
- How does it work? Do you have a product or service? Can you show us a prototype? Maybe a mockup?
- What do you need (i.e. financial and human resources) to advance your work toward impact?
- What does success look like when you get there? What's your vision for what it could be? If there's a business model (or ways your work generates financial resources and impact), please share.
Judging will happen in two stages.
- Entrants will be grouped into "Flights" in the morning. Judges will come to you in the Convo. Each flight will have a winner (up to 4 total). Those winners will be announced by ~ Noon.
- Those four winners will advance to the Finals where they will present again to another group of expert judges starting at 3pm in CoLab (3rd floor, Alden Library). In the Finals, individuals/teams will have 8-10 minutes to present their work followed by 8-10 minutes of Q&A with the judges. Winners will be announced immediately after judges deliberate. The event should end ~ 5pm on Thursday, April 7.
Do that and you might have a chance to win grant funding to help bring your concept to life!
- Top prize gets $2,000
- Runner-up gets $500
- Two honorable mentions get $250 each
- On top of that, all finalists will be eligible for additional grant funding up to $3,000 from the Bobcat Seed Fund!
Last exciting bit of news... To help entrants prepare for their presentations in the EXPO Impact Prize, the founders of SneakERASERS (Chris Pavlica and Kevin Consolo) will join us for a virtual workshop on March 23, 2022 from 5 - 6pm EST. Not only are they Bobcats; they also got on ABC's Shark Tank and got a $200,000 deal. They'll teach you Shark Tank-approved techniques to become a better presenter and get resources to advance your work. REGISTER HERE!