Learn about the current cohort of Bobcat Leadership Scholars and the staff supporting them.
Bobcat Leadership Scholars
The Bobcat Leadership Scholars Program is a year-long development program for second-year students. The mission of the program is to develop civically engaged students with a comprehensive understanding and approach to leadership. Leadership Scholar students have the opportunity to think deeply about various leadership topics, such as style, identity, followership, mindset, ethics and justice. In addition to developing individual leadership skills, these students will hone their teamwork through a collaborative, cohort led university engagement project.
Cohort members enjoy the following benefits:
- Participation in a year-long leadership development course (2 credits per semester)
- Experiential learning through student-led community engagement project
- Access to diverse community of peers committed to individual and group leadership development
- Mentorship from Bobcat Leadership Scholar Program alumni
- Scholarship award of $2,000 split over two semesters
Who is eligible?
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Second-year student status for the 2023-2024 academic year (minimum of 30 credit hours earned)
- Enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits per semester)
- Available to enroll in the in-person Fall 2023 UC 2900 class on Tu, Th from 10:30 am - 11:50 am
Please email Honesty Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
History of the Bobcat Leadership Scholars Program
The Bobcat Leadership Scholars Program provides second-year students with a year-long leadership development opportunity and a scholarship. Originally called the “Pepsi Scholars Program,” the Program has been housed in different offices within the Division of Student Affairs. In the summer of 2020, the program moved within the Center for Student Engagement and Leadership, where its name was changed to the “Pepsi Leadership Program.” Today, the program is called the Bobcat Leadership Scholars Program. While the program has always offered co-curricular programming focused on leadership development, a formal course is now required for cohort members beginning with the 2022-2023 cohort. Students will develop a nuanced understanding and approach to leadership.