AN UPDATE ON OHIO's DPT ADMISSIONS PROCESS IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 FOR THE UPCOMING 2021-2022 APPLICATION CYCLE:
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has created challenges for our applicants in many ways. As such, OHIO DPT program has made the following amendments to the 2021-2022 application requirements:
- Online (virtual) and/or distance learning lab courses will be accepted for pre-requisite courses that require a laboratory component
- Applicants will not be required to complete observation hours.
- We are only requiring one letter of recommendation for this application cycle.
- While OHIO strongly encourages students to accept a letter grade for courses during the Spring 2020 term, we understand that this may not be an option for some applicants. As such, OHIO will accept all Satisfactory or Passing scores for prerequisites during Spring 2020 term only.
- Official transcripts should be obtained when possible, however OHIO will accept unofficial transcripts until such a time as official transcripts can be obtained.
As these changes are in response to the difficulties surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, they are only applicable to the 2021-2022 application cycle. OHIO will continue to assess our admissions process in response to this unprecedented situation.
We hope that you are able to stay healthy and safe.
Last Updated: 5/24/2021
Applications for admission to the DPT program at Ohio University are submitted through PTCAS, the Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service. PTCAS is a service of the American Physical Therapy Association. You must create a PTCAS account to apply.
Division of Physical Therapy deadline dates and application requirements for the next academic session
If a disability prevents you from accessing the application, email PTCAS or call 617.612.2040.
During the initial application process, you are not required to complete an Ohio University Supplemental Application. Completion of this application is only required of students who are extended an offer to Preview Day.
Submission of Grades
At the end of the fall semester in which you are applying, submit a transcript with fall grades to the Division of Physical Therapy as soon as it is available. Send the transcript to:
Grover Center W290
School of Rehabilitation and Communication Services
College of Health Sciences and Professions
Athens, Ohio 45701-2979
Eligible, competitive applicants will be invited to a Preview/Interview Day. Specific dates will be posted in the fall. Candidates will be notified if they have been selected for the Preview/Interview Day.
The event gives applicants an opportunity to view the facilities, meet current faculty and students and evaluate the program curriculum and philosophy. There is also an individual session with a PT faculty member.
This event will include:
Tours of the Ohio University campus and Physical Therapy facilities
Overview of the Physical Therapy curriculum and philosophy
Opportunity to hear about research projects being conducted by faculty and staff
Information about financial aid
Meetings with faculty and students
Open-ended sessions, both group and individual, for applicants to ask faculty and students pertinent questions regarding our program
For questions regarding the admissions process for the Division of Physical Therapy, contact us at 740.593.1221 or email@example.com.