To be eligible for admission to the Division of Physical Therapy, you must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale. The average GPA of recent classes has been approximately 3.6 to 3.7.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on the prerequisite courses (see "Prerequisite Course Information" below).
You must have completed approximately two-thirds of the prerequisites by the end of the fall quarter/semester in which you apply.
The remainder of the prerequisites must be completed during the winter and spring quarter/semesters following submission of your application. The OHIO DPT program begins at the start of the summer term, and all prerequisites must be completed before the start of classes. See our list of
Selection Criteria for Admission
The admissions committee may consider the following items in selecting applicants:
- Overall GPA
- Prerequisite GPA
- GRE scores
- Strength of academic preparation
- Relevant life experience
- Preview Day interview
Prerequisite Course Information
If you have a question about a specific prerequisite after reading our prerequisite requirements on both the OHIO Physical Therapy website, as well as on PTCAS, please contact us at
Please include the following information:
- The prerequisite you wish to fulfill, example: Development Psychology.
- State the course prefix and number of the course you wish to use (e.g., Psych 120).
- State the number of credit hours.
- State whether the hours are quarter hours or semester hours.
- State the institution offering the course.
- Enter the course's catalog description.
- Please include any other pertinent information.
- 40 hours of PT volunteer/observation verified by a physical therapist
- Three letters of recommendation: Two different physical therapists and one college professor
Other information about Ohio University