- Awarded Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from regionally accredited institution.
- A transcript from each institution you have attended, regardless of whether or not a degree was earned. If you have taken classes at Ohio University, you need to request a transcript for that work.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- A statement of purpose outlining your educational background, interest and goals, and ways you think this degree can foster and help you implement your plans.
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s ability to complete graduate-level coursework and practice abilities. A minimum of 2 of these must be from individuals prepared at or above the Master’s level. One must be from an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- Evidence of the equivalent of two years full-time experience working as an RN within the past five years.
- Resident of and evidence of valid, unencumbered RN licensure in one of the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
If you are considering an online program that leads to a professional license in a state other than Ohio, we highly recommend that you contact the appropriate licensing agency in your state to seek information and additional guidance before beginning the program.
Prior to clinical and/or practicum experiences, students must also provide:
FBI/BCI background checks free from disqualifying offenses under Ohio Senate Bills 38 and 160.
Specified health status requirements (immunization status, TB screening, etc. as delineated in the current Graduate Nursing Student Handbook)
The Ohio University Graduate College manages the application process for all Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs. Applicants utilizing Ohio University Education Benefits should contact the School of Nursing by emailing email@example.com for specific information prior to applying.
The MSN program major codes are listed below:
- MS1224 – Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS1225 – Nurse Educator
- MS1229 – Nurse Educator/FNP Dual
- MS1236 – Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- MS1238 – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- MS1240 – Nurse Leader
Go to ohio.edu/graduate/apply to begin your application.
Admission to the MSN program is competitive. As part of the application process, you may be required to complete a brief interview with the admission committee using Adobe Connect. The interview helps the committee determine whether you will be a good fit for the program. This also is an opportunity for you to see if the program meets your expectations and career goals.