- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at University of Alabama
- International Society for Computational Biology careers page: http://www.iscb.org/iscb-careers
- Postdoctoral position at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at Edinburgh
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at bioinformatics.fr
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at bioinformatics.org
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at Careerbuilder
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at Complete Genomics
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at indeed.com
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at Jobamatic
- Bioinformtatics Job Opportunities at Life Technologies
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at Monster
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at NewScientist Jobs
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at phds.org
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at researchgate.net
- Bioinformatics Job Opportunities at SimplyHired
PhD Assistantship in Quantitative Forest Genetics
A PhD graduate student research assistantship is available with the Cooperative Tree Improvement Program (http://treeimprovement.org/) at the Department of Forestry and Environmental Resources (http://cnr.ncsu.edu/fer/) at North Carolina State University, Raleigh NC. The student will work with a team of scientists but primarily with Dr. Fikret Isik. The stipend will be for $24,000 per year. All tuition, health insurance, and fees will be covered. The assistantship will be for three years with possible extension for one more year.
The goal of the research is to use genomic data in pine for predictions of genetic merit and to revise current pine breeding strategies in the age of genomics. The candidate will carry out high-throughput sequencing data analysis to discover new genetic variation, test for associations of specific genetic variants with phenotypes of interest, and use modern statistical methods to predict the genetic merit of genotypes under field conditions. The candidate should have some background in statistics and/or quantitative genetics. Computer skills and familiarity with statistical analysis software SAS, R, and ASReml are highly desired.
Applicants must apply to the Graduate School for admission (http://www.ncsu.edu/grad/applygrad.htm). Prior to formally applying for admission, applicants are encouraged to submit a detailed resume, unofficial transcript, a statement of research interests, and the names and contact information of at least three references to Fikret Isik (email@example.com).
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
DuPont: Bioinformatics Programmer/Analyst - 1040121017
The Central Research & Development (CR&D) organization is seeking a Bioinformatics Programmer/Analyst to join the bioinformatics group located at our research facility in Wilmington, Delaware.
The position is embedded in a strongly collaborative multi-disciplinary setting. The person hired is expected to be strong on communication, with significant programming and infrastructure (tools and resources for information storage, curation, and retrieval) development experience, and exposure to Biology. He/she will develop or deploy tools that will be used by several teams of biologists working on diverse projects. He/she will also train biologists to use standard commercial software packages and tools our group develops and/or deploys. The position will involve opportunities to engage in project support, delivering real-world solutions affecting the bottom line of the company. A healthy team playing attitude is expected.
PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience in a professional/industrial biotechnology setting. A Master’s degree in the same disciplines with at least 6 years of relevant experience will be considered.
Expert knowledge of biological databases and bioinformatics applications and packages – commercial and/or open source.
Experience integrating and deploying tools.
Experience in database design and management (Oracle, MySQL).
Proficient in Perl/CGI, skilled in Java / C/C++, Python/PHP; working knowledge of R and Matlab is desirable
Skilled in web portal and front-end design and development.
Proficient in system administration (Linux/Unix).
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience in collaborating with biologists and other bioinformatics scientists in cross-functional team settings.
Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate bioinformatics principles and practices to a largely non-computational community of molecular biologists, physiologists, and geneticists.
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont you will find sustainability in our vision, our business, and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have the desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.
Apply online at:
- Bioinformatics Algorithm Verification and Test Engineer Position
- Algorithm Engineer, System Verification & Test Position
- Senior Bioinformatic Applications Scientist/Software Developer. Life Technologies, Carlsbad, California.
BATTELLE : Bioinformatics Post Doctoral Scientist
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our Applied Biology and Aerosol Technology (ABAT) Product Line is currently seeking a Bioinformatics Post Doctoral Scientist to participate on a multidisciplinary research team focused on human genetic association analyses. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
The Bioinformatics Post Doctoral Scientist will support data management, computational analysis and interpretation of large genomic data sets. We are performing cutting edge genomics research in the areas of human genetics, using the latest next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies combined with high performance computing techniques. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be essential as the individual will work collaboratively with biologists and statisticians to generate data for publications and presentations at professional meetings.
Applicants must have an advanced degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or computational biology with a strong focus on algorithm development, data structures and scientific programming. In addition, the candidate must be detail-oriented, reliable and conscientious, with exceptional organizational, oral and written communication skills. The candidate must also be capable of independent contribution, and must be able to thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Designing, planning, executing, analyzing, and reporting of experiments rooted in population genetics and genome wide associations
- Researching, developing and evaluating novel computational approaches for next generation sequencing analysis, data transfer and analysis pipelines, and downstream analysis and visualization
- Evaluating and integrating community-developed bioinformatics tools
- Preparing scientific journal publications and presenting at professional meetings
- Preparing proposals for external funding
- Train other laboratory staff, as well as to perform certain administrative functions, as necessary, to ensure smooth functioning of experiments and timely distribution of program deliverables. A moderate amount of domestic travel is anticipated.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Sole U.S. citizenship, with the ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances as a condition of employment
- PhD in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or computational biology or a closely related field and a firm understanding of human genetics and molecular biology
- A demonstrated proficiency in analysis of large population-based genetic repositories and analysis of NGS data
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX, including shell scripting and proficiency in a scripting language (e.g., Perl or Python)
- A proven ability to plan and execute research studies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Sufficiently medically fit to work in the laboratory to perform assigned duties.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
- Student Bioinformatics Technician Positions Available
The Ohio University Bioinformatics Laboratory (OUBL) is seeking student bioinformatics technicians to assist biology researchers in the analysis of life sciences data with bioinformatics methods. The technicians will use bioinformatics software and will develop custom bioinformatics software tools.
The OUBL is currently seeking several undergraduate students with training in bioinformatics to work part-time on multiple research projects. Training in biology and in computer science is required. A Certificate in Bioinformatics is preferred.
All projects require extensive collaboration with biology and computer science researchers. For example, we are currently seeking someone to work in a science-intensive laboratory, assisting with the development and use of bioinformatics methods in microbial genome research. This will involve management of biological research databases, development and use of various bioinformatics tools, and frequent oral presentations. This project requires a student who is interested in solving biological questions, discovering new concepts of microbial genomes and communicating extensively with bench scientists. The project will involve processing next-generation sequencing data (both 454 and Illumina), creating databases, genetics analysis and statistical analyses.
Qualified applicants should apply to:
Lonnie R. Welch, Stuckey Professor
Director of the Bioinformatics Laboratory
School of Elec. Eng.& Computer Science,
Biomedical Engineering Program,
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program
Athens, Ohio 45701
740-593-1575740-593-1575 (office); 740-818-9521740-818-9521 (mobile)