Vendors often encourage companies to adopt a specific technology to solve their AIDC needs. As an independent entity, dedicated to all AIDC technologies, the Lab will assist companies in the determination of what the best solution is. Instead of focusing solely on RFID or bar coding, the Lab will help companies in selecting the best technology solution for their specific business needs.
In addition to providing advice to clients, the Lab can develop a prototype solution with its various hardware and software. The client can then fully develop the solution internally, or it can be used as a template for an external systems integrator.
The lab can provide the following services to companies of any size. You can also contact us about your specific needs.
- RFID process analysis
- RFID product/equipment validation or testing
- Proof of concept testing
- Bar code print quality verification
- AIDC training
The following is a partial list of lab equipment. Contact us for a more detailed list or to inquire about obtaining additional equipment.
- Zebra RFID enabled Printer
- RF Code TAVIS software and Mantis II active RFID system
- X-Ray fluorescence scanner (on loan from NASA)
- Magneto-optical imaging (on loan from NASA)
- Intermec 700 series PDAs
- Hand Held Products Dolphin series PDAs
- LXE MX7 Windows CE devices
- PSC Falcon PDAs
- Fieg mid-range RFID reader (13.56 MHz)
- Xico magnetic stripe reader
- Intermec Saber 1555 RFID/Bar code reader (915 MHz)
- Globe Ranger software (we have a certified trainer on staff)
- Bar Tender software
- B-Coder Pro software