UPDATE: Ohio University Athens Campus will reopen Friday, March 6 at 4 a.m.

Employees are asked to exercise caution when traveling to and around campus. More Information

Crisis Help

Occasionally students encounter emergency or crisis situations while at Ohio University. Some of these situations might include (but are not limited to): The death of a family member, a serious accident, physical or mental illness that requires hospitalization, sexual assault or other situations that would cause a student to leave campus for a temporary or extended period of time. In situations like these, feel free to call our office at 740-593-1800 and we can provide you with resources to help. 

If you are looking immediately for a response to a specific crisis, the following resources may be helpful: 

Report an emergency

Dial 911

Report a sexual assault or other crime that occurred on campus

Call Ohio University Police at 740-593-1911

Report a sexual assault or other crime that occurred off campus

Call Athens Police at 740-592-3313

Report sexual or discriminatory harassment


Institutional Equity
Crewson House


Legal Affairs

Reach a counselor or therapis

Call Counseling & Psychological Services at 740-593-1616

Report or talk about a student incident but I'm not sure who to call

Contact Office of the Dean of Students at 740-593-1800 

Need help with academically-related conflict

Contact University Ombudsman, Baker University Center 501

Need emergency transport to hospital

Call 911 or Call Southeast Ohio Emergency Medical Service 740-593-7029

Need emergency medical care

Call 911 or

Go to O’Bleness Hospital Emergency Room
55 Hospital Drive
Athens, OH 45701
Telephone: 740-593-5551

Need non-emergency medical care

Visit Campus Care at Hudson Hall or call at 740-593-1660. After hours:

Holzer Clinic Urgent Care

2131 East State Street
Athens, OH 45701
Telephone: 740-589-3100


UMA Express Care

265 West Union Street
Suite A, Athens, OH 45701
Telephone: 740-594-2456

Withdraw from the University

Contact your college office.  AND...

If you live in a residence hall, contact your Residential Coordinator or Resident Director.