Ohio University: Center for Teaching & Learning Programs for Faculty
Please click on the links below for information about the following recent programs sponsored by the CTL:
2013 New Faculty Welcome & Academic Orientation
- Date: Thursday, August 22, 2013
- Time: 8:30 AM – 3:40 PM
- Location(s): Faculty Commons, Alden Library
- Co-sponsored by: Office of the Executive Vice President & Provost and the Center for Teaching & Learning
- Contact: Tim Vickers, Director, 740.593.2681; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to register
"Pathfinders in Higher Education: Innovations, Adaptations, Techniques & Strategies in Teaching"
- When: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Who: All university faculty are invited
- What: Panel discussions on Flipping the Classroom and Problem-Based Learning. Break-out sessions on multiple topics.
- Where: Faculty Commons, Alden Library third floor
- RSVP: E-mail the Center for Teaching & Learning email@example.com and include special dietary needs for lunch, if applicable.
The focus is on teaching! Ohio University faculty from the regional campuses and Athens are invited to participate in a conversation about teaching, including dialogue about innovations, adaptations, techinques & strategies.
This conference is co-sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences, the Office of Regional Higher Education, and the Center of Teaching & Learning. Lunch will be provided.
2012 Winter Course Design Institute
- Date: Wednesdays, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29, 2012
- Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Location(s): 301U Faculty Commons, Alden Library
- Co-sponsored by: The Center for Teaching & Learning and Academic Technologies (AT)
- Contact: Tim Vickers. Director, 740.593.2681; firstname.lastname@example.org
Modeled after Ohio State’s successful Course and Curriculum Design Institutes, created in preparation for their transition to semesters, this Winter CDI will provide faculty with the resources and the collegial support to focus on their learning outcomes in order to design or redesign any course. Meetings occur over five consecutive Wednesdays 9 am - 12 pm, beginning February 1st and continuing weekly through February 29th, in the Faculty Commons, 301U Alden Library. The CDI will be offered again in the future (TBD).
Day 1: Defining goals and objectives
Day 2: Designing assignments
Day 3: Developing criteria for evaluation
Day 4: Organizing content and planning learning
Day 5: Sharing and assessing your course
For more information, contact email@example.com or telephone 740.593.2681
Faculty Teaching Portfolio Series
Teaching & Learning Mini-Conferences
Course Design Studio
Mentoring Opportunities for New Faculty