Graduate Program Requirements
All graduate degrees in Civil Engineering require:
- A minimum 3.00/4.00 cumulative graduate GPA in the student's approved course of study
- No grade less than C (2.00) is acceptable in any course work used to satisfy any graduate requirement
- Remedial course work for students who do not have appropriate course prerequisites.
M.S. Program Requirements
- A student must complete a minimum of forty-five credit hours of approved graduate work
- No more than six years can be taken to complete requirements for the masters degree
- GRE required for applicants who did not graduate from an engineering program accredited by ABET, Inc.
- Students select either thesis or non-thesis options.
- Thesis option degree requirements - Minimum of 33 quarter hours of graduate level courses plus 12 quarter hours of research/thesis.
- Non-thesis degree option - Minimum of 40-42 credit hours of graduate level courses plus 3-5 credit hours of special investigation/project. A written report on the special investigation/project, and an oral examination on graduate course work and the special investigation/project are required.
Ph.D. Program Requirements
- GRE required
- Passing a written qualifying examination
- Minimum of 45 quarter hours of course work beyond the M.S. degree, plus 45 quarter hours of dissertation
- Comprehensive examination required