New student health insurance enrollment
Open enrollment for incoming and new students for the 2020 Spring Semester is from Dec. 1-Jan. 31
The coverage period is from Jan. 1, 2020-Aug. 15, 2020.
To obtain access to insurance cards by Jan. 1, 2020, please submit the application between Dec. 1-Dec. 15.
Continuing student health insurance coverage
Open enrollment for continuing coverage in Spring 2020 is from Jan. 1, 2020-Jan. 31, 2020
The coverage period is from Feb. 15, 2020-Aug. 15, 2020.
Student must be registered for at least one spring semester credit hour through any campus to be eligible to enroll themselves and their dependents.
Important dates for waiving student health insurance
- The spring semester waiver is estimated to become available to students that have registered for 2020 Spring Semester during the weekend of Dec. 14, 2019.
- The deadline to complete the online waiver application is Jan. 31, 2020.
- An approved waiver for spring will waive the student health insurance for the remainder of the 2019-20 Academic Year.
- Students that have questions regarding the completion of the spring waiver application, or questions related to whether their alternate policy meets the University waiver criteria, may contact the University Waiver Auditor, ECI Services, by calling 833-249-0577 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waiver criteria can be located on the Student Health Insurance website.
The student health insurance office will be closed for the University winter closure and holiday break beginning Dec. 17, 2019 and will reopen on Jan. 6, 2020.